Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First trip to Florida









Justin had his on-campus sessions for graduate school last weekend, so we made the trip to Gainesville. I was worried it wouldnt happen at first because Justin and I both got minor colds the week before, and I was sure it would hit Jackson. It was my first illness in about 2 years, although thankfully it was really mild! Well, Jackson never did get it and I am hoping that means he won't, since it has been a few weeks. Anyway, we started the trip by stopping for a night in Savannah to break up the trip up some. Jackson slept the whole way to Savannah, which was nice! We left for FL the next morning, and he only slept about half the way to FL, so for the second half of the trip, Justin and I took turns singing to Jackson and handing him toys to play with. Once we arrived, we put Jackson in the stroller and took a look around the campus. We also headed to the bookstore and got some official "Gator" gear. We got Jackson a cute onesie and a new bib. He is modeling the bib in the photos :) On Sat and Sunday, Justin had class so Jackson and I headed to the mall and some other shops around Gainesville. I did manage to get him to nap in the hotel, which was a huge success! We have not been successful thus far in getting him to nap here at home in his crib, so he has still been napping in the swing. I was able to get him to nap in the hotel by laying down with him and rubbing his back. He would wake up about every 20 minutes and fuss for a second until I rubbed his back. I was SO happy that I didnt have to drive him around during his naps to get him to sleep. I hope we can transition him to his crib at home soon! We also brought the pack and play for him to sleep in at the hotel, but he ended up in bed with us both nights. He actually wet through his diaper both nights, so we had to change him in the wee hours of the morning. It was very difficult to get him back to sleep, but when he finally did he slept better in between us. Truth be told, although it makes sleeping more difficult for me, I LOVED having him there in the bed with us. Saturday night I couldnt get back to sleep after his 5 AM diaper change, so I just layed there and watched my two boys sleep very peacefully. As far as the overnight diapers not holding, that has continued since we've been home. We are going to go up a size in his overnight diapers-Size 4, here we come! Anyway, we headed home on Sunday after Justin's class. Jackson slept for about 3 1/2 hours of the 5 hour drive. He really did a great job and it was a successful trip...Jackson's first trip to FL! Justin is already now officially halfway through graduate school!! He is working hard and making A's and we are SO proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment