Wednesday, January 19, 2011

30 Years









Well I am officially the big 3-0! I had a wonderful birthday this year and rang in my 30's in style. I got to celebrate on the actual day of my birthday and then again last Saturday night. Justin had a little shindig on the 3rd floor of Southend Brewery. Lauren made the wonderful cake and Meri sent me some beautiful flowers. My mom gave me one of my favorite gifts of the night-a box filled with AWESOME inside jokes and the outfit that I came home from the hospital in. Unfortunately the photos from that night turned out crummy b/c my camera was on a funky setting. Most of them (including the group shots) are blurry, but I posted the few that came out well. :( Thank you to everyone for the sweet cards, gifts, phone calls, and messages wishing me a Happy Birthday. They all were so thoughtful and meant so much and I felt MUCH love this year on Jan 12th! It still feels very odd to be in my 30's now, but I am going to enjoy every day of it. On the actual day of my birthday, I woke up with this song in my head. I think it sums up my thoughts about turning 30 pretty well!

My Next Thirty Years by Tim McGraw

I think I’ll take a moment, to celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it’s time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I’m gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I’ve done
Maybe now I’ve conquered all my adolescent fears
And I’ll do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I’m gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I’m doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I’m gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I’ll remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here, in my next thirty years
In my next thirty years

1 comment:

  1. Aaron is turning the big 3-0 this year too! Wow. Well, I'm still blissfully only turning 26 next month - Haha! :)

    Loved Jackson's first dentist visit - what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete