Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear Jackson,




Have you been reading this blog? Because it wasn't 24 hours after I had written my last post about you not having tantrums when you showed me that you were fully capable! You were fighting naptime, so I held you to rock you and you let me know that you were not happy in the form of a full blown 2 year old tantrum. You were screaming, screeching, hitting yourself, hitting me, shoving your hands in your mouth, and kicking. It was almost like some wild animal had taken over my sweet boy! But then you finally gave in and fell into a deep peaceful sleep.



I knew it was just a matter of time before you had a true tantrum. You have been quite the firecracker this week, but I know it is just a phase. I know that you are frustrated and trying to find out how to deal with that frustration. Still, you have spent a lot of time in 'time out' this week, although at times you seem to enjoy it. I think you pretend to enjoy it just to spite us sometimes :) You must get that from your mommy!



Tonight on the way home from dinner and a stop at Toys R Us, you decided to have a fit during the car ride home. Boy, you were really screaming and angry that we left the store. You thought you'd really show mommy and daddy by pulling your socks off with your teeth (yes, with your teeth!). Only it backfired because mommy and daddy started laughing so hard at you that you got tickled yourself and started laughing. Then you proceeded to entertain us the whole rest of the way home by shoving your dirty sock in your mouth (you are such a boy!) and giving us the cutest belly laughs. See, that is how I know that underneath the moments of nastiness, you are still our sweet loving boy. We love you, our little wild animal!

No comments:

Post a Comment