Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 Weeks Old!











Here are some pictures of Jackson at 2 weeks old! Things are going well and he is continuing to eat like a champ. Sleeping, however, is another story! We have our good nights and our bad nights, but on average he is feeding every 2 1/2 hours. The challenge arises in getting him back to sleep after feedings, and his favorite time to be awake is around the 4 AM-7 AM time...yay for mommy and daddy! ;) We have a pediatrician appt. this coming Wednesday and Justin and I are excited to see how much he weighs now. We are guessing around 7 1/2 lbs, so we'll see! Justin and I are still adjusting to this new life, but I think we are doing a great job so far. Today I went grocery shopping by myself...the first outing for me alone since giving birth and it was a strange feeling. It felt weird to drive, be away from Jackson, and to not be pregnant anymore. Justin has been doing such a great job in holding down the fort and keeping everything in order so that I can focus on feeding Jackson and sleeping. Justin also makes sure to get lots of time with Jackson and has already been peed on more than once. HA! But Justin and I make a great diaper-changing team! I am looking forward to when Jackson turns 1 month old and we are able to take him out of the house and do things with him. I am getting a little stir crazy staying in all day. There is only so much daytime tv and "price is right" that you can watch before you start to go a little crazy! Still, I wouldnt change things one bit and even at 4 AM when I feel like crying from lack of sleep, I am still thankful for every moment with our precious little baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment