Saturday, February 6, 2010

6 Months old!!






Jackson is almost 6 MONTHS OLD...where has the time gone?! Our sweet boy just gets funnier and cuter every day! He loves to use his voice now and I often wonder what he is trying to say. He has started to try and "scoot" along when he is on his tummy. I think this must be the very beginnings of him figuring out how to crawl. He still doesn't have any teeth yet, but he goes through several bibs a day from the constant drool. I recently read my baby book and I didn't get my first tooth until 8 1/2 months! I don't know about Justin-we really need to look for his baby book. It was really interesting to look through my baby book and read everything that my mom wrote down. I learned that I:
-was breastfed for 9 1/2 months
-sat up by myself at 6 months
-crawled at 6 months (won a crawling contest at 8 1/2 months because Im fast like that! :)
-said "Dada" at 6 1/2 months, "Mama" at 8 months
-walked at 9 1/2 months
-ate rice cereal at 13 weeks

I had to laugh when my book said "Child is good at:" and my mom wrote "EATING! She loves all foods!" Haha some things never change! :)

Jackson is now getting about about a tablespoon of rice cereal or oatmeal every night. I think his tummy is still trying to adjust because his diapers have been knocking us out lately! He thinks its hilarious when he has a particularly bad one. Tomorrow we are going to try bananas. He loves for me to make an airplane noise and wave the spoon around. He will open up big and wide to take a bite and then give a big smile at his accomplishment. I think he enjoys our "airplane" game more than the food itself! :) He has also really been enjoying his toys lately, especially the musical ones. He will play with them for a few minutes until they inevitably end up going in his mouth. When he gets them to make noise, he is so thrilled with himself. He is also now ticklish under his chin, armpits, and back. We tried weighing him today and we are estimating that he weighs just under 18 lbs now. We need to schedule his 6 month well visit this week. I am always interested to see what his official stats are. He has officially busted (lengthwise) out of most of his 6 month clothes and is now wearing mostly 9 months. I forgot to add that he has started reaching for us when he wants to be held-it is the sweetest thing!!

On Monday (at the latest), Jackson's newest cousin will be born in NC. We can't wait to meet baby Caroline! Jackson will also have a new cousin, Kendall, in April. We are so excited for Allen, Becca, Brooke, and Adrian! Also, Jackson's little buddy, William, will be born in March. Lauren and Will are going to make such great parents!

These last 6 months have been the most exciting, happy, challenging, and wonderful times of our lives! It always amazes us just how much he changes and grows, even in one day. Nothing beats waking up each morning to our smiling baby and ending each evening holding him as he sleeps peacefully. I know that we both feel so lucky and privileged to be Jackson's mommy and daddy. We wouldn't trade any thing in the world for each precious moment with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment