Saturday, February 20, 2010

6 Month Well Visit










Official stats:

Weight: 18 lbs 12 oz-63rd percentile
Height: 28 3/4 in-96th percentile!
Head Circumference: 17 1/4-67th percentile

He is getting SO big!! He did GREAT at this dr. appt. He was exceptionally happy on Thursday when we took him to his appt. He was flirting with the nurse and even smiled for Dr. Baker when he walked in. The appt went well and everything looked great. The dr said he is right on track and he was really impressed with how interactive Jackson was at this visit. It is always great to see Dr. Baker-Justin and I are so happy to have him as Jackson's pediatrician. You can tell just how much he really loves his job. He told us at the end of the appt that Jackson was a lucky baby to have us as parents...that was so sweet! Jackson got 3 more shots and only cried for a second. I was all ready to nurse him afterwards, but he didnt want to and was absolutely fine as soon as it was over. I guess he was letting me know that he is a big boy now!

Jackson had his first overnight hotel stay last weekend in Savannah. Justin had a meeting there last Monday and we drove down on Sunday to spend the day. Jackson slept the whole way down there, which was nice. It was a great Valentines Day and Jackson even wore his Valentine's onesie! We did lunch down on riverwalk and walked around a bit. He did well that night and he and I spent the day on Monday together and shopped. When it started raining we went back to the hotel and played, sang songs, danced, and ordered room service for lunch. When Justin got done we drove home and he slept the whole way home...success!

We also tried to give Jackson peas on Sunday and lets just say he is NOT a fan! He immediately got a disgusted look on his face and spit them all out. I kept trying to give him small bites, but then he began gagging after each one...how dramatic! :) We tried again on Monday and got the same result, so we switched to applesauce which he liked. We will try reintroducing peas again in about a month. Tomorrow we will try carrots-fingers crossed that he likes them!

We are transitioning Jackson to naptime in his crib. As I have been typing this, he has been fighting sleep. He just fell asleep in his crib about 5 minutes ago after 30 minutes of fussing/crying/yelling. It takes all that we have not to go get him, but it is for his own good (and ours). I hope he will stay asleep longer than 30 minutes. As I mentioned before, when he naps in his swing, we get at least 1 1/2 hours of a good nap twice a day. Pretty soon he is going to outgrow the swing, though. I want to make this transition before that happens. Funny story-On Thursday afternoon after his appt, he fell asleep in his swing. Justin went to the gym and I went in our "office" room to do some work. I had the door cracked so that I could hear Jackson. About an hour into his nap, I heard our front door creak and it made me jump because I knew Justin shouldnt be home yet. I thought it was my imagination, but then Jackson woke up and started crying. I walked out to check on him, which means I have to walk past our front door which has a big window on it. There were two Mormon boys peering into my door and looked right at me. The funny part is that I was only wearing flannel pants and my nursing bra. Sometimes I forget to put my shirt back on if I have just fed Jackson. HAHA! I jumped back into the office and waited for them to leave and they started KNOCKING again! Eventually they gave up and Jackson (of course) never went back to sleep. How ANNOYING (but funny).

Nights are still going well. Jackson sleeps for about 8 hrs straight until he wants to eat and then will sleep for another 3 after being fed. Occasionally we still have night waking, but for the most part our nights are pretty predictable. Also, Jackson has begun "saying" what sounds like "HI" all the time and has also started blowing raspberries. He also laughs constantly. He thinks it is so funny when he has a dirty diaper and we will say "stinky stinky stinky". If Justin blows a raspberry on his tummy, Jackson will laugh and blow one right back! He also LOVES his daddy! If Justin leaves the room, Jackson will scan the room constantly looking for him until he reappears and when he sees him, he will get so excited!

We will be starting a mothers morning out program in the next 2 months or so. We are looking into taking him to probably 2 days a week from 8:30-12. I am looking forward to Jackson being able to interact with other babies and socialize more. I am not looking forward to his inevitable first illness, if it doesn't happen before then. Other than that, things are going well and we are looking forwared to warmer weather. These pictures are from today downtown at Waterfront Park....it was a gorgeous day! I can't believe that it is almost March!

No comments:

Post a Comment