Thursday, April 22, 2010

A piece of the "old" me!

Stumbled upon this tonight on a facebook page and it made me smile. This was a dance from the last dance performance that I did several years ago. I think it must've been about 3 or 4 years ago!? Dancing has always been such a huge part of my life and I really do feel a piece of me missing right now while I am not doing it. I REALLY want to get back into it and I can't believe I have gone so long. My life used to completely revolve around it. Tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop, lyrical...I love it all! (maybe I slightly favor hip hop) School/work was always priority #2 for me behind dancing and that's has always been ok by me. Some of the most fun I had was in college on the College of Charleston dance team...Go Cougarettes! We were a competitive team and we actually placed 8th nationally my junior year of college. Not only did we practice most nights, but we had conditioning and strength training. It used to kick my butt! I will never forget the time Whitnei (our coach) busted my chops for missing a morning conditioning because I had partied a little too hard the night before. She made me run up and down the custom house stairs right there on East Bay St. until I thought I would collapse. It was good for me though! :)I really miss those days and ALL my girls from the team. Many of us were (are) the best of friends and not only hung out every night at practice together, but also on the weekends as well socially. I wish I would've realized just how fast those years would go by and that life would move on and so would we.

The little group in this video was a group that I stumbled upon several years after college. We usually struggled to get it together and it wasnt the most organized, but it was fun! The best part of the group was that my college dance team girls JennyO and Sara were still in town and we were holding on to a piece of the dream together still. After this I moved to Summerville, JennyO moved to Miami, and Sara moved to NYC. I actually really have never been a fan of this dance. Although the choreographer is an amazing hip hop dancer, I think this choreography and music is really uninspired/boring and kinda silly. The ending is so abrupt and terrible and the more I watch it the more I realized how bad it was. At any rate, it's just the reminder and inspiration I need right now to find a good dance class and get my butt back where I feel at home..the stage! Can you find me? JennyO is in a blue top, Sara is in a white top/white belt army pants,and I am the other one in a white top with khaki pants. Now if only my stomach would be that skinny again!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-X0fbxeBRw

In my opinion, night 2 was MUCH better than night 1! PS-WHITNEI this is for you-PLEASE tell me what the heck James is doing there in night 1. He doesnt even know the dance and is making it up as he goes!! He took himself out of night 2, but he is acting a FOOL in night 1. Check out some of the group's amazing technique on the triple turn and axle..HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment