Monday, July 26, 2010

Fun in the Sun!

We recently took a mini-vacation to Hilton Head for a few days of fun in the sun. We stayed at the Marriott resort and spa, which was awesome! They had four beachfront pools and a beautiful stretch of beach to enjoy, which was perfect to take Jackson to. We got a suite and we have found that works so well when traveling with Jackson because we don't have to go to sleep at 7 pm when he does! Nothing beats a day of beach, pool, and an early bedtime for a sleep baby-which provided the perfect opportunity for Justin and I to make gluttons of ourselves on a 3 course meal of room service. One of the best parts was that all of the sudden we looked out of our window and saw a beautiful fireworks show right outside. We headed out on the balcony and just relaxed and watched the show. Jackson slept through the whole thing. It was really nice to see them, especially since we missed 4th of July fireworks this year. What a wonderful little getaway it was!


Nekkid Baby Alert! Here is Jackson getting ready to put on his swimming trunks and head down to the beach:



Fun in the sun with Daddy!


I think he likes it!
Cooling off in the pool with Mommy!

Dinner at Skull Creek Boathouse...it was delicious!


The other morning I woke up exhausted from a couple of nights of nightwaking with Jackson. (thankfully it seems to have passed for now and he is sleeping better). I was just feeling so tired and cranky and so Justin took Jackson out for a little while to give me some rest. They came home and brought me something that I have been wanting for YEARS! I know it seems silly, but I have been wanting an edible arrangement for so long. It really picked me up and I was so excited that I was jumping up and down. The bonus to the day was that Jackson took a great nap later and I was able to get another hour of sleep. Thank you to my boys for my fabulous (and delicious!) bouquet. :)



More pool time in the backyard!

Check out that Buddah-Belly!

He is a happy little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment