Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just a few family updates-

-We are headed to Dallas for Thanksgiving! We are so excited for Jackson to meet his Aunt Brooke (Boo Boo), Uncle Adrian, and his cousins Kaylan and Kendall! We will be there for five days. We are flying, but we have a direct flight, so we are hoping it goes as well as our flight to Indiana did. We are getting very excited :)


-Justin is nearing completion of his Master's Degree from University of Florida! He will graduate in late April 2011. I can't believe it has almost been two years since he started. I don't know what he will do once he has his evenings back and isn't attending classes/studying/writing papers all of the time. I do know that he will have a proud wife and little boy watching when he walks across the stage to get his diploma! Way to go sweetie!


-My job is going great, and I am about to officially become home based. There are four of us that cover the state and two have always been home based, so they are finally transitioning me and another coworker to home offices. This is a direct result of increased HIPAA security/scrutiny with the program that I work for, and the lawyers at American Cancer Society deemed our home offices to be more secure than my current office. I will still be affiliated with the Charleston ACS office and work occasionally in the ACS travel office when I have big projects from time to time, but I am so excited to become home based. By making it official, I will have my internet/phone reimbursed so we are making a little money there too. Sweet!


-We have a BIG trip planned in late Jan/early Feb. We are headed to Hawaii!! ALOHA! Justin has a national meeting in Maui and we are making a family trip out of it. We may be crazy for going on a 9 hour plane ride with a 1 1/2 year old (yikes!), but we are going to prepare like crazy and try to make it as smooth as possible. We did buy Jackson his own seat for the plane. We are going to be in HI for a little under 2 weeks. Half of the time will be in Oahu, the other half in Maui. We are counting down the days. I am anticipating a rough transition for Jackson to the time change over there, but Justin and I figure that if we have a rough couple of days while Jackson gets adjusted, they are still a rough couple of days in Hawaii! We went a few years ago and had a blast, so we are really looking forward to it. We did get travel insurance, though, just in case Jackson is sick or something and we have to rearrange travel. I am hoping and praying that all goes well.



No comments:

Post a Comment