Friday, May 20, 2011

Packing Heat

"If I find you been creepin' 'round my back stairs...."











Thaaaat's right- It only took two years, but I finally fired my gun for the first time!




We decided to get a gun after I got pregnant b/c I wanted to have one in the house for protection in case Justin was out of town and I was home alone with the baby. We decided to buy a Walther P22. Once we bought the gun, it occured to me that I probably shouldnt go shoot it while pregnant and my OB said I should probably wait until after the baby was born because of how loud a gun range is. She also said that she had never had that question asked to her in all of her years of practice-haha, leave it to ME!




Anyway, in almost two years since Jackson was born, we never made time to go fire the gun until this week. We finally had a day when Jackson was at his MMO program and we both had an hour to get away from work. We brought my gun for me to shoot and Justin rented a 9 MM to try out because soon we are going to buy one more to add to our arsenal (ha). I was kinda nervous to shoot b/c I had only shot a 12 gauge and 20 gauge shotgun before, but that was years ago. It was my first time shooting a pistol. I did MUCH better than I thought I would. It really fun for both of us! Most importantly, I learned how to load the gun and empty the clip. I am looking forward to going back soon.




Justin really liked the 9 mm but I think he is going to try out a few different ones before we buy one. I also shot the 9 mm and it packs a much more powerful punch than my 22. Anyway, don't worry, we have the gun WAAAY out of reach from Jackson and the clip is stored separately, so it stays unloaded. Also, this weekend we are going to buy a lock box for it to add further protection. Safety first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment