Sunday, January 8, 2012

25-27 Weeks

Well, here I am officially 27 weeks pregnant and into the 3RD Trimester! Wow, that is hard to believe! This baby boy should weigh about 2.5 lbs already. I can tell because I am definitely growing. He continues to move all of the time, which is a good thing. At my dr. appt last week, his heart rate was 140 bpm and I also took my glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes. Good news-I passed with flying colors! My dr said everything looked great and my weight gain was much better for the month. I am up 17.5 lbs at 27 weeks. I got my weekly pregnancy updated email and it said I should have gained between 17-24 lbs by this time. Although I feel like a giant cow, I guess I am doing much better weight-gain wise (so far!) with this pregnancy. I remember with Jackson, I was always on the high end of my expected weight gain for each week. Lets not forget I was about 46 lbs (some due to excessive swelling!) when I was admitted to give birth to Jackson. I have gotten back to the gym a couple of times this month and have been trying to get some exercise in.

While transferring birthdays/important dates onto our new 2012 calendar, I realized that this baby is due on the day before Easter. He really is our little Easter bunny! We are hoping that he comes on 4/4 b/c that is our "dating" anniversary. We started dating on 4/4/04, so that number/date has always been special to us. Also, since Jackson was born on 8/8, it would be cool for this baby to be born on 4/4. We'll see! He continues to be a really active baby, and I think he knows Jackson's voice. I guess that makes sense because Jackson is always clung to me and he does occasional lay his head on my belly (the sweetest thing!). I am working on a blog post about Jackson updates next. Justin and I have begun collecting some items that we need for this baby. We had sold a couple of things that we wanted updated versions of when the next baby came (ie swing, carseat, etc). Also, we recently purchased a double stroller. We have started clearing out our guest bedroom in preparation to move Jackson over soon and begin putting the nursery back together. It is definitely starting to feel more real! I will try and take a belly picture soon to go with the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment