Sunday, January 29, 2012

28-30 Weeks

I can't believe I am 30 weeks...the countdown is officially on! We have been busy bees around here. Over the last few weeks we have started to get things ready for the baby. We also purchased Jackson's big boy bedding! It took FOREVER to find something because he is going to be using Justin's childhood furniture, which includes a queen size bed. We didn't realize it would be such a challenge to find toddler queen size bedding. Part of the problem was that most full/queen's were to small. We needed a true queen sizing. Here is what we found at PBK and we love it!







We weren't looking specifically for monkeys, but he loving Curious George right now, so it worked out great. We are most likely going to put up a few of the wall decals and we found a cute lampshade to match on etsy.com. We also rearranged the bedroom furniture to make the space bigger and hopefully we will start transitioning Jackson to his new room in a week or so. Then Justin will put the crib back together and we will get the nursery ready for baby boy.




We also upgraded our swing and bouncy seat to the new Fisher Price snuggabunny line, since they now have plug in options. With Jackson, we went through a ton of batteries! Let's see, we picked out a new infant car seat (we hated our old one and sold it immediately after Jackson outgrew it!) and it works with our existing stroller to make a travel system. We also purchased the matching double stroller for times when we need both boys in strollers. Here it is:


Other than that, we have so much of what we need already, which is really nice! My longtime good friends Camy and Ginny are throwing me a baby shower in a few weeks, and I am looking forward to it! Justin and I had a "day date" as we like to call it last week. I took off work and we made a registry at Babies R us and Target, ran some errands, and then had a wonderful lunch at Mustard Seed before picking up Jackson from preschool. It was a great day!




Now, on to this pregnancy....So far, things are looking really good! I am feeling good, other than getting a little more uncomfortable by the day. My heartburn has kicked it up a notch or two, so that has not been fun. It still seems better than it was with Jackson, though. My OB visits are happening every 2 weeks and the baby's heart rate is still hanging out in the 140's. Last week asked my OB if my fluid was low b/c it is crazy how much I feel this baby moving all of the time. She measured my fundal height and said I was measuring just about a 1/2 week behind, which is totally normal since the measurements aren't perfect. She asked if I would feel better getting another ultrasound and to get some cute 3D shots of the baby and OF COURSE I said yes! haha So I have an ultrasound scheduled on Thursday to see our sweet baby again. I can't wait to see how big he has gotten. As for me, I feel like a huge cow, but I am still doing well weight-gain wise. At 30 weeks, I am up 22 lbs. This is still about 5-6 lbs less than I was with Jackson at this time. Hopefully if things stay as is, I will only gain between 30-35 lbs...My OB thinks I am obsessing about my weight too much, but I just feel big. She said I am well within normal limits. The good news is that I know breastfeeding is going to take most of it off and then it is up to me to tone it all up! Thankfully I am not swollen yet and I am still able to wear my wedding rings just fine.




As for the way I am feeling, I am definitely starting to feel more excited as time goes on. I think it is finally sinking in that we are going to have a newborn in a couple of months. It has always seemed so far away to me, but I think getting things ready for baby is making it more real. When we were registering, I was looking at all of these teeny tiny baby clothes and diapers and I can't believe Jackson was that small. I know how fast it goes, so I am going to really try and enjoy the newborn phase this time around instead of being so nervous. All of my friends who have recently had 2nd babies have said that there are challenging moments with 2, but that they are much more laid back this time around. That is about it for now. I will update after Thursday's ultrasound and post some belly pictures soon. I haven't taken a single one in weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment