Thursday, April 26, 2012

2 Weeks old

I am a little late on this post, but free time to blog is hard to come by these days. Just a few minutes ago, I went to work on this post when Jackson asked me "Mommy, can you come give me some extra love?" No way am I going to deny that request!

Well, to sum it all up, we are hanging in there right now. Rhett is a great baby and pretty happy most of the time, but the other times he is really fussy and uncomfortable. He is battling some bad gas and it has been hard to watch him suffer through it. I am living off of turkey sandwiches and not eating anything that I believe could hurt his little tummy, but something is still getting him. I am hoping it is just his immature digestive tract and that it will improve over time. He is not spitting up bad, so I don't suspect reflux, but I can hear his belly rumbilng when he is crying and in pain. It breaks my heart to see him in pain.

This means that sleep is not easy to come by these days. Rhett does great at going to bed at a decent hour and sleeping a couple of hours at the beginning of the night. Later in the night, he begins waking every 1 1/2 or so with painful cries. I am up about every hour to hour and a half every night with him. Plus, he has definitely hit a growth spurt and has been feeding more frequently. Needless to say, I am all ready for him to begin sleeping for at least 2-3 hours at a time. I am running ragged!

We took Rhett to the pediatrician this past week for a bad case of diaper rash that has (thankfully) resolved and our little porker weighed 8 lbs, 11 oz!! I couldn't believe how much he gained in such a short time. Just 9 days earlier, he weighed 7 lbs 5 oz, so he is getting some good milk indeed! I have finally recovered from a MAJOR bout of engorgement when my milk came in. I kinda wish I had taken a picture of the "girls" at their fullest b/c they will never be that big again...haha! But for real, that was some painful stuff!

Aside from some of these minor challenges, Rhett is doing great and we are so thankful for our sweet baby boy. Jackson continues to do well with adjusting to the new baby but every free moment that I have away from Rhett is spent snuggling with Jackson. With Justin, it is the opposite. We switch off being with the other baby constantly to make sure they are getting to be with both of us. We pretty much fall into bed at 9:30 every night and pass out! We wouldn't  change it for the world, though! :)

Rhett at 2 weeks old:


 One more for good measure-Daddy and Jackson drinking their morning "coffee"

No comments:

Post a Comment