Sunday, April 1, 2012

39 Weeks-the home stretch!!


**You know you're getting big when your maternity clothes become too small/tight. Here is just one of a handful of shirts that I have left that fit. Thank you Meri for lending me the shirt!


I am officially more pregnant than I have ever been! Jackson was born at 38 weeks 6 days, and today I am 39 weeks 1 day. At my appt on Thursday, I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Baby boy's heart rate was 140. I had some protein in my urine, but my blood pressure is normal and my doctor said it was normal to have protein showing up this late in the game. It was a bittersweet appointment, because it was my last OB prenatal check up, probably ever. It is going to feel weird only going back as a GYN patient after I have my 6 week post partum check up. I know it is silly, but i am going to miss seeing my dr/ultrasound tech/nurse on a regular basis. I really love the practice that I go to!


So, we are set for the big day-this Wednesday April 4th. As long as all goes according to plan, we will be holding our sweet baby by Wednesday afternoon. We are inducing Wednesday morning at 8 AM and my doctor predicted that it will be a relatively quick labor and delivery since it will be my second. With Jackson, I labored for about 5 1/2 hours and pushed for about an 1 1/2 hours. She thinks I will push much less this time. I sure hope so!


We have been really focused on doing special things with Jackson during this past week and trying to squeeze in some extra time and attention with him. He is now on "spring break" from preschool this week, so we will have Monday and Tuesday to have some good playground/park time together.


I still can't believe the time has come to meet our baby. I am definitely feeling more anxious and emotional by the day and I have been waking up at night with my mind racing, so I am not sleeping well at all. What can I say, the anticipation is getting to me. I am just really trying to soak in these last few days with Jackson and Justin before our sweet boy arrives. At the same time, I can't wait to meet this little one and love on him! Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery of our baby. We can't wait to introduce him here soon (and reveal his name :)! Just because, here is a picture of Jackson this weekend at the Charleston Fire Museum. He is going to be such a great big brother!




No comments:

Post a Comment