Wednesday, November 4, 2009

12 Weeks












Jackson is now weighing in at 13 pounds!! He is double the weight that he was born. He is also outgrowing his bassinet and now wearing 3-6 month clothes. We stopped swaddling him at night, and he has done well with that. He goes down at about 10:30 every night and is up at 7 every morning like clockwork. Usually he wakes up in the mornings like a wild banshee and kicks through his diaper change and cries until he is fed, but lately he has been waking up more peacefully and smiling which is a nice change! Lets see, he is now cooing a lot more and has been getting more tummy time where he lifts his head from side to side and looks all around. We love to practice "walking" and standing as well! He is grasping things more now and will hold a rattle if placed in his hand and move it around. He is learning new things every day! One of his new favorite things is to watch me stick my tongue out him and he gets a big grin and seems to start trying to imitate me-it is so cute!!

This past weekend we took him to Charles Towne Landing and he slept most of the time. We walked around and even went to see the animals, but he was more interested in sleeping. We also passed an alligator who was lurking about 5 or 6 feet away from us, which made me slightly nervous, but he didnt seem to really notice us. It was a beautiful day! That night we dressed Jackson up in his Superman outfit and passed out candy. We barely had any trick or treaters this year, but it was still fun. Also, we got the birth announcements done and ordered which should be in on Friday. I am really pleased with the way the look online and I hope they look as good in person!

I also forgot to mention that Justin got his grades back from his last class and got another "A" which means he still has a 4.0!! YAY-Jackson and mommy are so proud! As for me, I am back at work which has been a little hectic, but I have been working hard to play catch up. I cant believe that Jackson is almost 3 months old...time is going by so fast!!

1 comment:

  1. Jackson is such a cutie - I'm so glad that we were finally able to meet him in person! :)

    ReplyDelete