Wednesday, November 18, 2009

14 Weeks




How slack I am for doing his 14 week update today when he is 15 weeks old! I will do his 15 week post in a few days. I have been back to work for almost a month now and needless to say I have been very busy. I feel like there arent enough hours in the day to get everything done!

The biggest news from this week is that Jackson has outgrown his bassinet. One morning we woke up and his little feet were hanging off the end and he was banging them against it. It was kind of sad to put it away! So now he is sleeping in his pack and play on a sleep positioner because we are not quite ready to put him in his crib. I know he should probably be in his crib by now, but Justin and I want to keep him close by until at least 4 months, when the peak risk for SIDS ends. We are going to transition him to the crib probably right after Christmas. So needless to say, it has been a bit of a change for Jackson from being cuddled in his bassinet to having all the room in the world to stretch those limbs out. He has done better than expected, but has begun waking up around 5:00 AM, giving me about an hour or two less sleep a night. Last night he woke up at 4 AM and didnt go back down until 7. So Mommy and Jackson had a party this morning and played while the rest of the world was sleeping! Lets hope he adjusts soon. Still, he is sleeping for about 7-8 hours so I cant complain too much. I am hoping that he steadily starts sleeping longer again once he gets used to the new arrangement. I am also hoping that this will make transitioning him to the crib much easier as well.
We weighed him the other day and we both came up with 14 1/2 lbs. He is really beefing up and still eating like a champ. He also smiles ALL the time and will just stare up at me and Justin smiling for the longest time. Still, nothing is as entertaining to him as much as when he gets undressed down to his diaper and gets in front of a mirror. He continues to love to stomp his feet and laughs, smiles, and coos at himself. It is the cutest thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Where has the time gone?!!! He has gotten so big and cute. I just caught up on your posts and the video of the smile is too cute. In the meantime, I am sending prayers and big wishes for Jackson to sleep longer for you!! Good luck. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete