Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not The Mama!!

Oh yes, this child is completely in a daddy phase. When he goes to sleep at night he asks for Daddy. When I put him in bed with us, he immediately snuggles as close as humanly possible to Justin and stays glued to his side all night. First thing in the morning, he wants-you guessed it-Daddy.
When did mommy become a second class citizen in the house? I am like the B side on a cassette tape (Hello 1980!) in my own household. As much as I miss being top dog, I really do love the fact that Jackson is so attached to his Daddy. And why wouldn't he be? Justin spends so much time with his baby boy and he is an amazing father to him. Don't you know Justin is EATING it up. He loves it!

At least I still get hugs and kisses, but only after Justin gets them first. Also, Jackson still gets upset if I leave the room, but as long as me and Justin are both in the room Jackson seems to prefer hanging with Daddy a little more. Oh well, I will let Justin have his glory. He deserves it. Maybe Jackson will swing back to a mommy phase soon. Either way, he knows he is loved so much by both parents and that is a wonderful thing!
**Okay, I realize baby Sinclair said "not the mama" to his Daddy as he was beating him over the head with a frying pan and that he was usually pretty mean to his dad, which is the opposite of what I am trying to say. It's just that the title seemed to fit perfectly for this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment