Friday, November 25, 2011

20 week anatomy scan










Our favorite ultrasound tech did our scan and Jackson got to come with us. Jackson was a little uneasy at first as to why his mommy was laid on the table and having an ultrasound, but he held my hand for some of it. He kept asking if I was okay. Ahh my sweet boy!


As for the scan, it went perfectly! We got to see our precious new baby and he appears to be 100% healthy. It is truly amazing what you can see via ultrasound. We go to visualize all of the major organs and even the blood flow of the major vessels. We got several 3D "face shots" although, he was buried against the placenta for many of them. He continues to still be breech, although he has lots of time to spin around. We saw him drink amniotic fluid and saw his full bladder.


He measured 3 days ahead, so we just might have a March baby on our hands. They are not changing my due date just yet, though. He confirmed for us that he is still all boy several times and was not near as shy this time around. At 20 weeks, I am officially up 9.5 lbs, which is about 5 lbs less than I was with Jackson at 20 weeks...yeah!


We got to see his spine and visualize that it is fully enclosed, but due to his position, my tech could not get one picture that she needed, which was a cross section of his spine. She said that she can see that the spine looks perfect, but she just needed that one picture to check it off of her list. That means that I get another ultrasound at my appt on Tuesday. She said hopefully he will have moved and she can get the shot, as well as get some more pictures of his sweet face. Based on what we saw so far, he seems to resemble Jackson. It is still so early to tell, though! Check out the pictures of our hansome man!

No comments:

Post a Comment