Friday, November 25, 2011

Pregnancy-weeks 17-20

Photo taken at 18 weeks





Oh geez, here we go trying to play catch up with this pregnancy. I can only say that my lack of blogging about it is surely revealing that I have much less time than I did before with Jackson. With my last pregnancy, despite working full time and finishing up grad school, I still had loads more time to focus on each new development with me and the baby. It is amazing how much work it is taking care of a rambunctious 2 year old! This time around, sometimes I forget which week of pregnancy that I am in and I find the weeks whizzing by! I have not been taking any pictures I keep forgetting. I am trying to remind myself to sit back and enjoy every minute of this pregnancy because I know how fast it goes by. By the time I have an hour or so to myself at night before bed, all I want to do is sit back and relax, not blog. I am trying to be better about this!


Lets see, weeks 17-20....well for starters, I am feeling movement every day. There is nothing so reassuring as feeling our sweet boy move and kick. Thats, right, I said BOY! I dont think that comes as as surprise to anyone, considering what we saw at our 13 week scan. My awesome OB let me have aquick scan at my 17.5 week appt b/c the office was super slow and I was complaining about wanting to know for sure and not wanting to wait until 20 weeks to find out. Baby boy was super shy and kept his legs crossed, but right before we were about to give up, he showed the goods. Yep, its definitely a boy! :) His heartrate has been great and my 2nd trimester screening for neural tube defects was negative-excellent news! This is surely the most fun part of pregnancy- I feel great, I am showing (but not super huge yet) and I have mild discomfort (round ligament pain, heartburn) Overall, there is nothing to complain about. Admittedly, it has taken me some time to get used to the idea of being a mommy to 2 boys (I was so sure this was a girl), but I am getting more and more excited about it as time goes on. Every day I think about how blessed we are to have been given not one, but TWO beautiful boys! Plus, I think it is really cool that Jackson will have a brother. I hope they grow to be very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment