Monday, March 19, 2012

37 Weeks

I am a few days behind of this post, but I have been waiting until I got a belly picture to put up with it. I just took this crummy picture a few minutes ago, but hey, it's better than nothing!

So, at my 37 week visit last Thursday, I was still ZERO percent dilated and ZERO percent effaced! In my dr's words I am still "closed and thick". Yee ha. I had hoped for some progress, but in the absence of any real contractions, I had a feeling there would be nothing. It is still hard to believe that I was already a full cm and 75% effaced with Jackson at this point.

I also tested negative for Group B strep, so hopefully no antibiotics will be needed at delivery. Good news!

My dr took me in for a quick growth scan because I have been measuring on the smaller side for fundal height every week. This is funny because I keep getting comments on my huge belly. Many people who saw me with my last pregnancy have commented that my belly looks bigger, but overall I look smaller. Uhh-Thanks...I guess?! haha! Anyway, I had the tech that I can't stand do the measurements b/c my favorite tech was out that day. Boo! It was a short and sweet scan and he measured at 6 lbs 1 oz, which is about a week behind. He is measuring in the 32nd percentile, which is still fine. I was a little concerned as to why he is measuring a week behind, but my dr. said that is perfectly fine. It makes me feel better that Jackson was only 6 lbs 9 oz when he was born at 39 weeks, so this baby should be close to the same size. I am really relieved that I don't have a 9 lb bowling ball in there! I am really hoping for another vaginal birth, so we'll see.

The only new symptom that I have been having is that my pinky finger on my left hand has started twitching every now and then. It happens more at night. I am guessing that must be related to the pregnancy. I have not had the pregnancy induced carpal tunnel like I had last time with Jackson, but my swelling has increased, so it would make sense that my medial nerve might be compressed again this time. Other than that, just feeling rather large and in charge!

Unless things start moving along more quickly, we will get to meet our new sweet baby two weeks from this Wednesday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment