Monday, March 26, 2012

38 Weeks



And of course, I am a couple of days late on this update. This past week has been really good! I had my 38 week appt on Thursday and I had been having a few contractions, so I was expecting some progress this week. The good news is that I am a fingertip dialted and 50% effaced...moving along! I am just glad for some progress!

We have one more dr appt this Thursday and then we have our scheduled induction next Wednesday. We are almost ONE WEEK away (or sooner) to meeting our baby boy. It seems surreal to me, but it is fast approaching. We have been making our final preparations this week and we are just trying to enjoy our last week of being a family of 3. I keep looking at Jackson thinking of how much our little routine, or "bubble" as I like to call it, is about to be shaken. Tonight on a whim we decided to drive Jackson to one of our bigger parks/playgrounds in the area and have a nice dinner out, complete with a special stop for 1/2 of a chocolate donut for dessert for him. The weather was so nice, and except for one fun toddler meltdown while leaving the park, we had a wonderful evening together.

I am so enjoying this age with Jackson and our conversations. He loves to have long conversations recapping his day or what we are going to do tomorrow. His vocabulary has just taken off and he is so expressive and sweet. I will make a separate post of all of the sweet things he says nowadays, but I just love that child so much I can't stand it. I hope that he adjusts to his baby brother well and that we only have minor jealousy issues that arise. He has been very affectionate to my belly and loving on his baby brother.

I asked the dr. if she thought I would make it to induction date and she said that we will be able to have a better idea on Thursday, but that she thinks I will probably make it to 4/4. We had such a great experience with inducing (unexpectedly) with Jackson where the labor lasted just over 5 hours. With this pregnancy, it would just be so much easier to induce so that we can plan better for Jackson's care while we are in labor. That being said, I just hope that if we do make it to induction, that it goes as well as it did with Jackson. I am trying not to think about it all too much because anything could happen. I am trying to be open about the whole experience.

I haven't taken a belly photo this week (surprise, surprise!) so I will try and do it tomorrow and add it to this post. I definitely feel like I am about to pop, although my weight has seemed to level off at this point. We are so excited to meet our baby very soon!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber, I love this blog post. I could have easily written it myself eight days ago. The "last" day Annabelle and I had as a family of three consisted of going to a park, out for water ice and just enjoying HER and this little person she has become. I totally empathize with how you are feeling. I'm only a week into a family of four and although there are definitely ups and downs, seeing your toddler dote on the new baby is such an amazing feeling. I hope your induction goes well- we induced again this time and I had such trepidation that it wouldn't go as smoothly but it was just as successful! Prayers that you meet your healthy little baby soon and that things go well!

    ReplyDelete