Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rhett-9 Weeks Old and Jackson update

There's not too much new to report for week 9. Rhett continues to do well and is such a sweet boy. He seems like a really happy little guy and he is eating and sleeping well. He is starting to drool a lot and suck his fingers. I have also been increasing his tummy time now that he is getting bigger. The only problem is that he falls asleep every time. He tries to lift his head a few times and squirms around for a minute or two. Then he starts sucking his fingers and falls asleep!

I am slowly reintroducing different foods back into my diet. As I did with Jackson, I cut out basically any food from my diet when Rhett was born that might irritate him and I lived off of turkey sandwiches for awhile. I still don't eat anything that could make Rhett gassy (broccoli, onions, spicy food, etc) but I have been trying more and more things with success. Justin and I found these great organic pizzas by Annies at Whole Foods that I am loving right now. It is hard living off of bland food and turkey sandwiches at first, but I will take that over a fussy/colicky baby ANY day! The good news is that I only have 3.5 lbs of baby weight left to lose. The bad news is that I still CRAVE chocolate and desserts like nobody's business. That is fine and dandy now since I am breastfeeding, but I will have to cut that out as soon as I stop nursing or I will surely gain weight. Now if only I could find time to get to the gym...

On the Jackson front, I have been waiting A LONG time to be able to say this:

Jackson is sleeping in his bed ALL night long without waking up anymore!!! Also, when he wakes up in the morning, he will stay in his bed and play/sing until one of us comes to get him. This is WONDERFUL and a big deal for us. And it only took almost 3 years...ha! Justin's mom always said that Justin did not sleep through the night until he was 3, so we all know who Jackson gets it from! We are so proud of Jackson and now we are soon going to tackle the beast that is potty training. He goes at school (and stays completely dry there) and he goes at home some of the time, but he will wont go #2 in the potty. We are going to get this child potty trained before his 3rd birthday! My hope is that it will only take a day or so of hardcore training to get him fully potty trained. We'll see soon enough!

Here is Rhett at 9 weeks old:





No comments:

Post a Comment