Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rhett 11 Weeks and Jackson potty training!

At 11 weeks, Rhett is over 14 lbs. I weighed him on our scale, and it said he was well on his way to 14 1/2 lbs. I won't get a completely accurate weight until his 4 month visit, but he is fitting quite well in 6 month clothes. He wears 6 month pajamas too.

He is adjusting to sleeping in his pack n play. There were several nights where he was adjusting to the change and was waking earlier/more often than usual, but last night he was back to his normal waking once per night to nurse. He has been taking longer to get down at night, though. I have been holding him for about an hour before laying him down (from 8-9pm). If I lay him down any sooner, he wakes up. But I don't mind the extra snuggle time with my baby. I know how fast the newborn/infant stage goes, so I am treasuring our time together.

One new thing he has done this week is that he started to laugh. It is SO adorable. I was getting him undressed before his bath last night and he started giggling. It was the sweetest thing and sounded just like Jackson when he laughed as a baby. Rhett is such a smiley guy and continues to "talk" all of the time. He has really got something to say! I just wish I knew what it was! :)

He also rolls side to side all of the time. He loves to lay on his side and I am convinced he will learn to kick his leg over and roll in the next month or so. He still falls asleep during tummy time, so I still doubt he will be rolling from tummy to back any time soon.

Also, Justin gave him a bottle of pumped milk for the first time yesterday. It took a few minutes for Rhett to catch on, but once he did, he gobbled it up. That was a relief for me, because I start back working tomorrow. Boo! But at least I work from home most days and will be able to nurse him throughout the day. I am building up a great milk supply in the freezer for the days that I travel, though.

As for Jackson, he is almost potty trained!! We have been at it for 3 days and we have only had a few small (pee) accidents. He has gone #2 in the potty for two days in a row and is getting great at telling us when he needs to go potty. He is staying dry during naptime and last night he stayed completely dry overnight!! We are SO PROUD of our big boy. He is wearing his big boy underwear all day long now to school and at home. We still put a pull up on him at night just in case for now, though. He also continues to sleep through the night in his own bed and stay in his bed in the morning until we wake up..Woo hoo!

I need to do his 12 week update soon-I am a little behind. Rhett will be 12 weeks tomorrow! Time is flying.

Pictures from week 11:



This is why tummy time is still unproductive. He lifts his head perfectly when we hold him and he can sit in his Bumbo really well, but instead of lifting his head during tummy time, he passes out! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment