Friday, January 4, 2013

Rhett-8 months old!

He actually turns 9 months old tomorrow (posting late again!), but to go back in time a little, at 8 months old:

-Rhett is finally sleeping better for the most part! He still wakes up to nurse twice throughout the night, but I am finally getting better sleep. Thank goodness. Of course, when he is teething or sick I am up much more often, but I do cherish the good sleep that I get during the time in between.

-He has 4 teeth! Two on the top and two on the bottom. They are just so cute and it has really changed his look when he smiles.

-He started crawling right at 7 1/2 months old and he is a fast and determined little guy. He also started pulling up to standing right at the same time and he is so proud of his new achievements!

-He is starting to show some signs of shyness. He gets bashful at times and will bury into my shoulders or cover up his face if he is feeling shy. He is still my little people watcher, though.

-Rhett seems to be gravitating toward Winnie the Pooh and loves to sing and "talk" to our stuffed Pooh animal. He whole face lights up when he sees Pooh (that sounds funny!) . We are thinking we might do a Winnie the Pooh themed party for his first bday if he continues to seem to favor him.

-He does not want me out of his line of sight. He gets upset if I walk away and he can't see me. He is very much in a "Mommy" phase and has begun reaching for me and grabbing my pants when I walk by. He knows who his daddy is, though, and really enjoys napping in Justin's arms. Me and Justin still agree that his favorite person in the family is still Jackson. I swear Rhett just lights up when he sees his brother and laughs at practically everything Jackson does or says.

-He is still very strong willed, but he seems to be mellowing out a bit and his personality is coming out more and more. He is smiling more and seems more amused lately. I wonder if it has to do with his new found independence due to crawling/pulling up on things.

-He LOVES playing in our playroom. The problem is that he wants all of big brothers toys, so we have had some sharing issues and we have to watch Rhett like a hawk to make sure that he doesn't get any small pieces. We tried making a special place with age appropriate toys for Rhett, but he wants to crawl all over and explore everything.

-He is making lots of sounds with "g" and "b", such as "buh" and "goo". He has also been "talking" to his stuffed animals which includes squealing and singing in a high pitched voice.

-We are going to start including meat baby foods in his diet soon, as well as some finger foods. We have given him small banana pieces and Mum Mum pieces, but he gagged on them, so we will wait a little bit longer to introduce them...maybe at 9 months. He continues to eat well and likes most foods so far. I am trying to give him a sippy cup with water in it, but he is not really interested in it yet, other than to chew on it :)

I estimate that he weights about 22 lbs and growing every day! His hair has been coming in more and more and his eyes are still turning green. We have our suspicions that he might be left handed, but it is still too early to say for sure.

I looked back at the blog when Jackson was 8 months old, and Rhett is hitting his milestones almost exactly when Jackson did, which is comforting. Also, their first 4 teeth came in at exactly the same time, although opposite. Time is just flying and it seems like I blinked and 8 months went by. I love spending all my days and nights with these precious boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment