Monday, March 23, 2009

19 Weeks


One week to go before I am halfway through the pregnancy! This Wednesday is the BIG day when we hopefully find out the gender of our baby. The days seem like they are dragging by! Justin and I have been tossing around names a little more, and I really think we have got it narrowed down to our favorites now. The middle names that we chose are already set. More important than anything else, I am hoping that our ultrasound shows a happy and healthy baby. It has been a while since we have "seen" the baby (7 weeks!), and almost 5 weeks since we have heard the heartbeat. What keeps me feeling good about things is that I am feeling the baby move more and more. Today it felt like we had a dancing baby all day. It does make me nervous when I feel movement less on some days than others, but I have read that is normal, especially at this stage. I am so excited to see how the baby has grown since last time! Other than that, work and school have been keeping me really busy. Working full time and going to school full time has been a challenge over the last two years, but the end is finally in sight. Lately I have been a paper-writing machine! I have six more weeks until I am no longer a grad student...YAY! Justin is doing great and is talking to the baby every day. He has been so good about taking care of me, especially reminding me not to overdo it at the gym, and making sure that I am getting enough calcium since I hate milk. :) Plus, for some reason he has been super funny lately (even more that usual) and has been making me laugh SO hard these last couple of weeks that it I can't breathe. All I can say is that the movie "Nights in Rodanthe", which is supposed to be a sappy love story, was THE FUNNIEST movie of the year due to his comments from the peanut gallery. I hope the baby gets his sense of humor!! I will be sure to update the blog with the big news and new pictures after our appt on Wednesday :)

2 comments: