Monday, April 20, 2009

23 Weeks


Well, as of yesterday, I am officially 23 weeks pregnant. Wow, time seems to be flying! This past weekend Justin and I created our baby registries at Babies R Us and Target. It was a lot of fun!! There were 5 other girls registering at the same time, and while we were getting an "orientation" before starting, it came out that we are ALL having boys!! I guess it really is the year of the boy. Justin and I couldn't believe how many things there were to look through and I have to admit, I did start feeling a little overwhelmed when we got to the breast feeding aisle. I think its because I realized there is still so much that I dont know, but at least Ive got time to learn still. I also signed up for our prenatal classes at East Cooper Hospital, and one is a breastfeeding class. I hope to learn a lot more there! Jackson is still moving around and making his prescence known, although some days he moves a lot more than others. Justin made a playlist on our Zune for the baby and put some headphones on my belly the other night. Then, everytime I felt the baby kick we would lift up the headphones and see what song was playing. We couldnt hear the music, since the headphones are the noise-cancelling ones, so it was a fun surprise to see which songs he likes. And would you believe after a little while I started feeling some strong movements and lo and behold, the song playing was "Amber" by 311. This is also the ringtone that Justin has on his phone for when I call. I can only assume that Jackson is already brilliant and knows his mommy! HA! Other of Jackson's favorites: "Crazy" by Aerosmith, and "I am the Highway" by Audioslave. I continue to have horrible heartburn and I foresee that only getting worse as I get further along. But of course, it is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment