Monday, June 15, 2009

31 Weeks


This past week was not as eventful as the last, and I spent a lot of time taking it easy. On Tuesday, we had our 2nd baby class, which went better than the first. Justin was on his best behavior, and we only started laughing at the beginning of the breathing exercises. At least this time, we were able to control ourselves and get serious about it! :) During the class, we watched videos on c-sections and epidurals. Tomorrow will be our last lamaze class and we will watch a vaginal delivery....wish us luck on that one!! We will also get the hospital tour, which we are both really looking forward to.


Lets see, this past weekend we went out to dinner at Wild Wings with some friends, which was a good time. Afterwards, we all went to a bar called Squeeze on East Bay. Yes, I was the pregnant chick sipping water at the bar. I felt a little silly, but it was nice to be able to still hang at almost 8 months pregnant! Then on Saturday, Justin wrote a paper for school while I went shopping for a new purse. I was only out for 2 hours, and when I got home, my feet were throbbing! On Sunday, we went to church and Jackson was a wild man the whole time. He started moving when the organ started playing and continued non-stop all through the sermon. Then he got the hiccups and it seemed like they went on forever! Poor little guy!

Last week I forgot to add that I am no longer car-less. YAY! We made a goal to try and wait 2 months to try and find the best deal possible on a new car. Justin put in countless hours of car research and we narrowed it down to a few. We made an offer on one (Ford Explorer), but the dealer wouldnt accept it. One thing that surprised me during our car shopping is how unmotivated and beat-down the car dealers that we dealt with seemed. It was rare that one actually called us back and followed through. I guess the economy has them down in the dumps, but nobody really went after the sale with us. Anyway, its funny how things work out because we were beginning to get frustrated and then the DEAL of the YEAR fell into our laps. It really pays to have a good friend who is a BMW dealer...thanks Dan! We have taken over a lease for about a year and a half on a 2008 BMW X3 and we love it!




Justin is rocking and rolling in grad school. He has been writing a 5 page paper for school every week (ugh!), attending online classes for 4 hours a week, and making online postings throughout the week....all while working full time. He will be done with his first semester next week, so he is looking forward to a few weeks without papers to write!

My first baby shower is this Saturday, which Meri, Brooke, and Becca are throwing. I will be sure to post pictures next week, and I am SO looking forward it. I also keep hearing about some amazing cake that Lauren is making for it. I have no idea what it is, but it is sure to be awesome! So thats really it for 31 weeks...less than 9 weeks left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment