Monday, June 29, 2009

33 Weeks




This past week was a ton of fun. I had another dr. appt and we got to hear Jackson's heartbeat (140 bpm) again, which is always wonderful. The dr. estimates that he probably weighs approx. 4 to 4 1/2 lbs by now. I can definitely tell that he is growing, and some of his movements can be so powerful that it makes my toes curl. It almost feels like he's pushing outward for more space! Time seems to have slowed down as the due date is getting closer and closer, and I know that is pretty normal. We have less than seven weeks to go now, and things are starting to really come together. Justin has painted the nursery, which turned out wonderfully. Tonight we just got finished putting together the crib and it looks great! We now have our bedding which is the next thing we will set up and will really bring the nursery together. Other than that, Justin still has to put together the travel system, pack n play, etc. But at least we are making some serious progress! I will post pictures soon.
Friday night we went to see Jerry Seinfeld, and he was hilarious! His opening act was a guy named Tom Papa and he was just as funny. I really was so impressed with how quick-witted and sarcastic Jerry Seinfeld is. He doesn't miss a beat. Usually it takes something really funny to make me laugh out loud, and we were honestly laughing for 2 hours straight. It was Justin's graduation gift to me and we had a blast!


Saturday, Justin and I woke up early and drove to Durham, NC for our nieces' 1st birthday. I can't believe that the girls are a year old already...time flies! They were as cute as can be, and I could just watch them all day. They certainly have their own personalities now, and that is so neat to see. I loved watching them eat cake for the first time. Emma dug in (in true Atchley form), whereas Olivia wasnt too sure what to think about it. Olivia wasnt too fond of all of the sticky cake all over her hands either. Too cute!! Here are a few pictures of our beautiful neices!! I can't wait for Jackson to meet them!





After the party, Justin and I headed back to Charleston so that we could get all of our errands done on Sunday. So that was our week in a nutshell.
This past week was also sad, as Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson passed away. MJ's death is the most shocking for me. Justin and I were talking about how weird it will be when Jackson sees MJ on tv one day and we have to say "he died before you were born". I guess it is so odd to think that he is gone, since he was such an icon in the 80's. At any rate, on our way to Durham, we were listening to satellite radio and found a channel playing all MJ songs as a tribute. We got to hear all of the hits, including my personal faves, "Smooth Criminal" and "Scream".

I was looking back over my blog and found the internet prediction that I got early in the pregnancy. I thought I'd post it again, since so far it has been acccurate. It will be fun to see if the rest comes true (although I think the blue eyes will turn to green eventually)!

The day you deliver, outside will be cloudy. Your baby will arrive in the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 17 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 19 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and a lot of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment