Monday, September 7, 2009

4 Weeks!












I can't believe that 4 weeks have already gone by since little Jackson entered this world! He is doing great and is giving us some good long stretches of sleep at night. For over a week now, he has given us no less than about a 5 hour stretch at night, and one night we got 8 hours! That was great, however, when he woke up he fed and fed...and fed until the afternoon when he finally got back to sleep! I was one tired momma that day! I am hoping that he is learning his nights from his days, and we are encouraged that he has been sleeping well at night for a couple of weeks now. This week he got a bit of a rash and some baby acne has appeared, but it looks to be clearing up a little bit. He has also learned how to cry even louder this week. When he gets really worked up (which is rare, thank God!), he can really belt out the cries and lets us know that he is unhappy.
We went on our official first outings with Jackson this weekend. We went to Charleston's Cafe for breakfast and then ran some errands. I got to go to the mall and do a little shopping, which was really nice! Jackson was an angel that day and slept through most of it, only waking up to feed and then falling right back asleep. Yesterday we went shopping at the outlets and then to Babies R Us. He did great at the outlets, but hated Babies R Us! He cried and cried until we walked out of the store and then he stopped immediately. I guess he didnt like it there! We were really happy with how our first ventures with him went and we are officially calling it a success.

It has been nice for me to get out of the house because I have slowly been going stir crazy staying inside all day. It feels good to be able to go for walks him now and get out among the living again. I am still averaging about 5-6 hrs of sleep at night because once he is up around 4 or 5 AM, he doesnt go back to sleep for awhile. Justin has been taking Jackson for an hour or two each afternoon/evening so that I can get good naps. I am so thankful for this!! I think this past weekJackson has seemed more alert and his personality is coming out more and more by the day. He loves to have diaper explosions while sitting with his daddy and seems quite amused with himself when it happens. His little face is getting chubby and is really filling out now. I have been catching more smiles from him lately even though they are not yet at me...I think its just gas at this point! But he definitely has Justin's mouth and my chin and his smiles are adorable!! He also does not like to get naked and cries until Justin offers his fingers for Jackson to wrap his baby hands around and it seems to comfort him...it is TOO cute! Also, Jackson has begun getting Wild man hair after naps and his hair has horns like his daddy. I will have to get a good picture of that and will hopefully post it next week! :) Happy ONE MONTH to our little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment