Wednesday, September 23, 2009

6 Weeks











Just look at that beautiful gummy smile! This week he has begun smiling at mommy and daddy several times a day and we now know that they are for us...which melts out hearts every time! He is all smiles when he gets his diaper changed and has also begun "talking" to us as well. His personality continues to come out more and more each day. He also seems to have found out how to make saliva and loves to dribble and blow bubbles with it now :) This week has stayed pretty routine with Jackson sleeping every night from 10-3 or 4 AM. Then I feed him and he goes back down from 5:30-7. We are so thankful to have been able to establish a nightime routine with him so early on. Again, during the daytime we are still not on any routine yet.

This week we have been having lots of "tummy time" and I swear the boy has such wonderful and strong neck muscles already. He loves to hold his head up and we have also been working on our leg muscles. We hold him up and he starts bouncing up and down! We estimate that he weighs about 9 1/2 lbs now. We weigh ourselves and then take our weight again while holding him and that is how we try and guess his weight. I know this is not entirely accurate, but it gives us a weekly basis of comparison. He is getting so long and tall! His head and feet touch the ends of the bassinet now, and he is quickly getting too tall for his newborn clothes. He doesnt really look too chubby, but we think its because he is getting so tall. I can't wait to find out his official weight/height at his two month appt in two weeks. At that visit he will also get his shots :( I know that is going to be such a hard thing for me to watch!

I am still working on getting pictures of Jackson and me together. My goal is to get some this week. Also, our wedding photographer is coming next week to take Jackson's newborn pictures. Then I can work on getting his birth announcements out. My 6 week checkup went great and I have been to the gym 4 times so far. It feels GREAT to work out again, especially doing ab exercises. I hope the pounds start melting off soon! It has been neat to see all of the people at the gym who last saw me at over 38 weeks pregnant. Justin and I have had a lot of people (many we didnt even know) ask us about the baby! Also for some exciting news, Jackson is going to have TWO more cousins! Both of my sisters-in-law are pregnant! We know that one is a girl, and we are excited to find out the gender of the other! Congrats Becca and Brooke :)

I know this sounds rediculous, but I sorta miss being pregnant. NOT that I am in any rush to get pregnant again soon, but I really enjoyed pregnancy. Now of course the last few weeks were challenging, but it was overall such a wonderful experience from the start of the pregnancy all the way through labor and delivery. I hope that we are blessed with a similar experience the next time as well (again, YEARS from now!) :) I hope you enjoy these most recent pictures of Jackson...I could stare at them all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment