Wednesday, September 16, 2009

5 Weeks












Sorry I am a little late with the 5 week update! I think that Jackson has definitely had a growth spurt in the last week because he has been feeding non-stop! Everytime I get a second to myself, it seems that he wakes up ready to eat again. This past week we put Jackson in his stroller and went for a walk down our street. We didnt get very far because we stopped to talk to several neighbors who were out and about, but it was so nice to show him off and to get out on such a nice night! This past week Jackson has continued to sleep for 5-6 hours at night. He goes down at 10 pm and wakes up about 4 am on a pretty consistent basis. Justin basically takes the nightshift and then I take over at 4 AM so that he can get some uninterrupted sleep. I still have to get up and pump around 2 AM, but that is ok. Our days, however, are not near as predictable. He doesnt really keep to a schedule during the day, but we are ok with that since he is giving us such great nights :) He also prefers to nap snuggled up against mommy and daddy now and has decided that he no longer likes his swing for very long anymore. It's amazing how quickly things change with a baby...you think you have some things figured out and then they switch it up on you! Jackson is still giving some of the cutest, gummiest smiles...but they are usually followed by gas (or EXPLOSIVE poos), so the verdict is still out on whether they are for us yet. He has also started to enjoy bath time a little bit more now. Tommorrow I am headed for my 6 week post-partum visit with my OB, and I am excited to get the go ahead to work out again. I have lost about 32 lbs so far, but my goal is to lose another 15. I want to get back to my wedding weight from 3 years ago. I think I can do it, especially since I am breastfeeding, which burns a good amount of calories. I just realized that I have very few pictures of me and Jackson together, so I am going to make sure that we get some soon! That would require me to put on make up, which only happens about every other day these days!! :) Hope you enjoy the new pictures of Jackson...we think he is plumping up nicely and we estimate that he is between 8.5 and 9 lbs. He is such a joy to be with everyday and we love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment