Monday, September 28, 2009

7 Weeks












Here are a few photos of Jackson at a little over 7 weeks. I feel a little silly doing weekly updates, but he is growing so fast and I want to try to document all that I can. Justin and I are pretty sure that he is about 10 lbs now...big boy!! He is all smiles these days and loves to smile non stop in the mornings. He is continuing to sleep well, giving us about 5-6 hours each night, although occasionally he has nights where he wakes up early. I think this is related to gas because he will grunt really loudly until he wakes himself up and wakes up really upset. Luckily it doesnt happen too often though! Our days consist of reading ("Goodnight Moon" and "Guess How Much I Love You"), taking walks outside in the Baby Bjorn, singing (Jesus Loves Me and Counting Crows :), looking in the mirror, eating, taking short naps, tummy time, bouncing up and down, and of course diaper changes! Justin and I were a little sad yesterday because he wore his last newborn diaper...he is officially in size 1 diapers now. We took a picture of his last newborn diaper change! I am amazed at how fast he is growing and learning new things. Also, he is almost ready to sit in his Bumbo. He just needs a tiny bit more neck control, but he sat in it for a while today until he started getting tired.

Jackson is such a good baby. Justin and I both feel so blessed that he seems very healthy and happy so far. I have some friends that are dealing with a recent late pregnancy loss of twins and others that are dealing with infertility and it makes me hold Jackson a little tighter every day. I dont know or understand why these things happen to such wonderful people, but I trust that they will have this happiness one day very soon. I pray for that everyday! I am also very aware that Justin and I will blink, and Jackson will be graduating high school and that is why I try to hold on to every moment that I can and appreciate what a gift we have been given. And Jackson is truly the most perfect gift and a joy to be able to spend each day with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment