Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day


Take 1-I love the way he is looking at the flowers!



Take 2!


My first official Mother's Day was wonderful. I still kinda feel like last Mother's day was really my first one since I had a living baby on the inside, but we will still call this one my official first. :)
My two boys spoiled me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, cards, and a gift certificate for a (much needed) hour long massage. We began the day by going to Okra Grill in Mt. Pleasant for breakfast which was great! Then we went to Whole Foods and did our weekly grocery shopping as a family. After we got home, we just lounged around and Jackson snoozed. I also potted some flowers to brighted up our yard a bit. For dinner we drove downtown to Jestine's Kitchen for some good Southern cooking-my favorite ! I had a sugar cured Ham steak, fried okra, baked mac and cheese, red rice, and corn fritters. We ended the evening by driving down to the market and going to Kaminsky's for dessert. Justin and I split a Smores Cake and a Cherry Chocolate Chip cake...which were WONDERFUL! Jackson was flirting with the pretty waitress and showing off his clapping skills for her. Did I mention the weather was perfect that day? When we got home, there was a beautiful hanging basket of flowers on my porch from my neighbor and her 3 girls for me for my first Mother's Day...how sweet! They even hand made me cards which were the cutest. All in all, it was a great day to celebrate being a mom. It was also a great day to honor my own mom...she is the greatest and I am so lucky to be her daughter! Love you mom! We are going to get together this week to celebrate. I am also so thankful to have a wonderful mother-in-law as well!

1 comment:

  1. You were most definitely a mother last Mother's Day too! Glad that Justin & Jackson spoiled you so well this year! :)

    ReplyDelete