Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New look!

Well the old blog design was a little long in the tooth, so I have updated it to something that we really love...the beach! I think the warm weather is here to stay-Yay! I realized that that the old blog design was both pink and blue because we did not yet know if we were having a boy/girl when I made it...seems like just yesterday! Thanks to everyone who has sent me their email address-I will be sure to add you and I appreciate you reading the blog and keeping up with us! I sometimes wonder if this stuff is interesting to anybody else but us :) I also got an email from a friend of a friend who said that reading my blog helped inspire her to breastfeed as long as she did...that was awesome and it made my day!!

I have been meaning to mention that Justin and I are on a new mission-we are pretty much eating only organic foods. Have you seen the movie/documentary Food, Inc. yet? If not, watch it and I promise you will never look at your food the same way again. It's all about the industrialization of food and it is heartbreaking, infuriating, etc. We had been slowly easing into buying more and more organic foods and phasing out the others, but after watching this we tossed almost everything in our fridge/pantry that is not organic. The funny thing is the day we watched the movie, we had already done our shopping and I was feeling bad that we spent DOUBLE our grocery bill that day than we used to. After we watched the movie we instantly felt better, though! It is definitely eye-opening!

We had a little neighborhood block party last weekend and it was a blast. We are lucky to be surrounded with great neighbors and we got to meet some others that we didn't already know. We had a huge spread of food and all the kiddies were having a blast. Jackson did great and even let a few of them hold him, all while giving out a lot of smiles. The nurse that delivered Jackson was there with her two little girls and she couldn't believe how big he is. None of the other neighbors could believe that Kathy just happened to end up being our labor and delivery nurse. We had not known each other until that day. And I think it is very safe to say that Kathy has seen me at my WORST! :) ha! It still makes me cringe to think about all that she has been there for and seen before and after I delivered Jackson...Yikes! Our pediatrician friend came down with his wife and new baby too. The weather was really nice and it was a fun evening. We really need to do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment