Monday, July 6, 2009

34 Weeks....




and time has officially sloooooowed down! This past week was great because it was a short work week due to the 4th of July holiday. We put the crib together this week and it looks great! Also, Justin put our travel system together and we started washing baby clothes. So far the nursery is looking so cute and after my baby shower this coming weekend, we are going to finish it up. I am waiting to post pictures until it is all set up! The bedding is too cute and looks great so far with the paint and furniture!

Overall it was a nice and relaxing week, and I am trying to get all of the good sleep and rest that I can now before Jackson arrives. As I am typing this, he looks and feels like he is about to jump right out of my belly and is moving and kicking like crazy. It's funny, he will move so much in the evenings right before I fall asleep. Then in the mornings, he is as still and quiet as can be until I (or Justin) starts talking. Then he perks right up and wakes up. So I think he will definitely be a morning sleeper. I have a dr. appt this week on Thursday and then I think I will be going on a weekly basis. Its crazy to think that I could go into labor at any time now, and the drs would most likely not try to stop it since I am past 34 weeks. So we could really have a baby any day now....although, I think he is going to take his sweet time in there. I was 2 weeks late and Justin was 2 weeks early, so we may just have one of those due date babies. My official guess is that he will be born on Aug 12 (surprise surprise, since 12 is my favorite #), and Justin is holding firm to his guess of Aug 05 (the full moon)...so we'll see! All of my baby updates say that he should be measuring at or over 5 lbs now!

The newest pregnancy symptom that has been irritating me is pain in my fingers and toes. It almost feels like arthritis, and I know it is just inflammation from the swelling. It is really bad in the middle of the night. My wedding rings are waaaay to small these days! Also, poor baby Jackson has been getting the hiccups more frequently these days. I always feel so bad for him when I feel them starting because they last a long time. Other than that, I feel GREAT and am still keeping up my workout regimen...not that it is keeping me from gaining weight. I am starting to feel like a cow (MOOOO), but I am staying confident that I will lose it all once he is born! Saturday is my last baby shower and the guests are mostly family and some family friends/neighbors. I can't wait to see everyone and I know it is going to be wonderful!

Tonight was our infant CPR class at the hospital and I am so glad that we did this. We learned both infant CPR and what to do if the baby starts choking. All of it was so informative and learning the skills are invaluable for both of us. We got to practice on a little plastic baby, which really helped us learn how hard to breathe out/palpate. Now the only class that we have left is newborn class, which will be in a couple of weeks!

One last thing, Justin got his grade back a few days ago and he made a 4.0 in his first class...YAY! He worked hard for that, and from what I saw, the curriculum was pretty tough so it was well-deserved. What a wonderful way to start off grad school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment