Monday, July 20, 2009

36 Weeks

And I can't help but wonder...will I ever get back here? What a difference 28 weeks makes!

This past Friday we had our 36 wk dr. appt and I had my first "oh so fun" internal exam to check for progress. We found out that I am almost 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Jackson is still hanging out pretty high up near the ribcage, and hasnt quite started his decent downward, but he is still head down which is wonderful news! His heartrate was in the 130s and was nice and strong. We go back Thursday for our next appt. Hopefully I will continue to progress! I want Jackson to be nice and strong when he is born, but I have no problem if he decides to come a little early!! :)


Lets see, my hands and feet are getting more swollen by the day. Now I can't even wear my watch any more! The newest pregnancy symptom that I am experiencing is snoring!! It wakes both Justin and I up at night, and it is so frustrating. Whichever side I am lying on becomes very congested at night, which is reason for the snoring. Justin has said that its gotten better over the last few nights, but still...I feel so bad for him!! He has been a trooper though, and thank goodness we are both good sleepers and can easily fall back asleep!


Jackson must be about 6 lbs by now and is still moving around a good bit. Lately, at any dr office that I visit for work, someone always seems to say these things: "Why are you carrying so high still?" and "You're gonna have a BIG baby"....although Im not quite sure how to take that! :) I am still measuring right on time at my dr. visits, though. I guess we'll see, but I am thinking Jackson will be almost 8 lbs when he is born.


This week we also got our maternity pictures back and I think we got several good shots. I have posted a few of my favorites:







Thats really all for this week. I will probably start updating the blog a little more now that things are starting to get rolling. I will also be posting pictures of my last baby shower and of the nursery this week. Less than 4 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment