Tuesday, July 28, 2009

37 Weeks

This is what I look like:

This is how I feel!!:
At our appointment last Thursday, we found out that I have progressed to 1 full cm dilated, still 50% effaced. The baby is also still hanging out at -3 station, which is pretty high. I asked the dr. what she thought as far as when he would make his grand entrance. She said that of course anything could happen, but if she had to guess she would say that he will stay comfortable in there for the full 40 weeks and possibly longer which would mean a scheduled induction. Sooooo, I am hoping that her prediction is wrong and that he arrives sometime after 38 weeks but before 40! Justin and I are as ready as can be now. My bag is packed, baby clothes/bedding are washed, and Justin has finished setting up all of the fun baby stuff. We still have a few more decorations for the nursery, but that's really all that is left to do.

As for me, I am not sleeping well anymore due to the constant trips to the bathroom, heartburn/reflux, swelling, snoring, and conjestion. I am glad we are in the home stretch now because I am pretty uncomfortable these days. I am still managing to work out 3-4 times a week but I dont know how much longer I can keep that up. Still, the pounds are adding up and I am hoping that much of it is fluid and swelling. Other than that, I really can't complain much because we are getting so close to meeting our baby boy and that is truly such a blessing. Justin is getting really excited too and we are trying our best to stay patient during these last few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny - I love that you posted a picture of Grimace! Haha And I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Jackson very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete