Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rhett-6 weeks old

At 6 weeks, Rhett is a big boy! He weighs about 12 1/2 lbs now! I bet he will be a full 13 lbs by his 2 month visit. (A side note-Jackson was only 10 lbs 12 oz at his 2 month visit!) My back hurts from carrying Rhett around all day because he loves to be held and does not like to be put down. That means that most of the day I am holding him, nursing, or snuggling next to him for a nap. He will occasionally nap in his swing and he sleeps great in his car seat when we go out. One good thing about carrying him around all day (and breastfeeding constantly) is that I only have 5 lbs left to lose to get down to pre-pregnancy weight.

Rhett is a really happy guy these days and dare I say a really easy baby. He and Jackson both go to bed about 8:30 each night and both wake up at 6:30 AM. I am also able to get Rhett to nap when Jackson does about 90% of the time, so they are basically on the same schedule. This is wonderful!! Rhett is cooing and smiling all of the time; However-when he is mad, watch out!  The dramatics run deep in this one and he is loud when he is not happy! Usually this happens when he wakes up hungry and in his car seat. Thankfully this does not happen too often.

He goes back and forth between taking a pacifier, but for the most part, he is anti-pacifier. I hope he will take a bottle from Justin because I am going to start pumping tomorrow. Yee ha.


Rhett has pretty much outgrown his bassinet, so we are going to put him in his pack and play soon. Also, he is busting out of his swaddles. He is sleeping like a champ right now and giving me anywhere from 6-7 hour stretches at night now, so I wonder how that will change once I stop swaddling him.

It is challenging to keep up with the weekly blogs these days, but of course since I did it for Jackson, I want to do it for Rhett too! Anyway, I want to remember all of these precious moments with our boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment