Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rhett-7 Weeks Old

Rhett continues to be so much fun and a happy little guy for the most part. We get so many smiles and coos and it just melts your heart. There is not really a whole lot new to report this week. He has gotten some cradle cap, which I hope goes away soon. We will be taking baby/family pictures in a few weeks, so I hope it is at least gone by then. It is not yet as bad as it was with Jackson. Rhett is also getting a lot of new hair growing in!

Justin's dad and step mom came to visit for a few days and it was wonderful to see them. They got to meet Rhett and as soon as Rhett saw Justin's dad, he gave him the biggest grin! We had a great visit with them and spent a fun day downtown where we walked around the market, had lunch, came home to nap, and then went to Folly Beach and had a nice dinner that evening. Both boys did great and really enjoyed spending time with them.

On a sad note, this past week we experienced another loss in the family. Justin's sweet grandmother passed away just 7 weeks after his grandfather died. We are so sad about this, but at the same time, thankful that she is at peace and that they are together again. Their 60th wedding anniversary would have been next month. That is just amazing! It doesn't seem fair that Jackson and Rhett have lost 3 of their wonderful great grandparents in just a 3 month time period. I hate that Rhett did not have the opportunity to meet any of them, but we will cherish the photos that we have of Jackson with each of them. I can't wait for when the boys get older to tell them all about their great grandparents. One day when I get some time I want to make a blog post that tells a little about the three of them that passed away and post some photos. Hopefully I will get to that soon.

Justin headed to Indiana for the funeral for a few days, so I had both boys by myself for the first time, which went well. I feel silly for ever thinking being by myself with 1 baby was overwhelming...2 is definitely a challenge, but we did great. Jackson really took it to heart when Justin told him to be good for me and to help me out. He was so sweet and insisted on helping me with each diaper change :) My mom came over one afternoon to visit for a couple of hours, which was great. Jackson was showing off an acting wild, but he was excited to see his "Mimi".

Here are some photos of week 7:

Buddha Baby!
 Meeting Papa for the first time

 Evening walk on the beach after dinner. Jackson was in heaven splashing around!

 Three generations



Mimi and Rhett

No comments:

Post a Comment