Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rhett is 1 month old!

Time is flying! Our sweet baby boy is now a whole month old! We took him in last Wednesday for his 1 month visit and he was:

10 lbs 12 oz! I am amazed at how fast he is gaining weight!
I looked back at Jackson's stats and Jackson was 10 lbs 12 oz at his TWO month visit. Wow-this explains why Rhett has been outgrowing many of Jackson's old clothes so fast. I can't believe how quickly Rhett is putting on weight. The pediatrician said he is doing perfectly and that he looks great.

We also had his umbilical cord taken off. The dr estimated that had we left it on, it would have taken about another 3 weeks to fall off on its own. I am glad we made the decision to have him take it off. Now I get to look at Rhett's perfect little innie belly button.

The dr checked him again for thrush and assured us once again that he most definitely does not have it. It  makes me mad that the original nurse practitioner misdiagnosed him. Grr! Other than that, he is thriving and doing well. We still have some times of fussiness, but overall he is a happy little guy. He just loves to nurse and be held ALL of the time. My back is hurting from carrying him/bouncing him all of the time. Justin's mom said that Justin was the same way when he was a baby.

Another thing Dr. Graham said is that if he hasn't gotten colic by now, that he won't, so it is nice not to have to worry about that. My heart goes out to parents who deal with that. There have been 2 nights where Rhett was inconsolable for about 30 minutes and it plain sucks to not be able to make it better!

I have been getting some smiles here and there, although I don't yet think they are for me. They usually are right before he falls asleep or has a dirty diaper. I can't wait until he smiles for us. He makes the sweetest little sounds and coos. He is definitely happiest in the mornings and is up like clockwork at 6:30 am every day.

Jackson continues to do well and help out with Rhett. I can tell Jackson gets annoyed sometimes when I have to pick Rhett up because he is crying. Jackson will often ask me to put "baby brother" down so that I can play with him. :) Overall Jackson is the sweetest big brother and he beams with pride when Justin and I make over what a great big brother he is. I am going to make a post soon about Jackson and all of the  fun things he has been saying lately that I don't want to forget. You never know what that one is going to say...he is such a sweet and funny child. I can't wait until he and Rhett can really interact with eachother.

It is amazing how fast 1 month has flown by. I have my 6 week pospartum check up next Tuesday. Then I will be halfway through my maternity leave. Boo. I am really enjoying spending time with my sweet boys! Happy 1 month Rhett!!

My grandad, James Derrick holding Rhett Derrick (on a side note, can I please get my grandad's tan? Although he spends a lot of time outside working in his garden, he is naturally really tan)
 Rhett and Great Grandma
 Looking alot like big brother here
 He has lost a bunch of his baby hair- He has a party in the back for sure!

 Jackson with Aunt Niecy

No comments:

Post a Comment